The valuation of plant, machinery and equipment is very specialised. Our team of valuers and appraisers provide independent, impartial and objective plant and equipment valuation services throughout New Zealand for a variety of purposes. We are integrity driven.
Valuations for insurance
Plant and equipment valuations for insurance purposes are a specialised area of valuation practice requiring in-depth experience and knowledge, tailored to the needs of the industry.
Used to determine the amount of insurance required for the purposes of establishing appropriate insurance cover and the sum to be paid following loss or damage as a result of an insured peril, the valuation of plant and equipment assets are essential.
In New Zealand, insurance valuations are also required as a basis for calculation of the New Zealand Fire Service levy.
Our insurance valuation reports are presented with an associated insurance certificate of valuation, providing:
- Reinstatement cost estimates
- Indemnity value estimates
- Functional replacement cost estimates
- Inflationary provision allowances
- Demolition estimates
Our plant and equipment valuation reports are accepted by leading banks and financial institutions for funding purposes.
We provide market values, where plant and equipment assets are valued as a whole, in place (in situ) and as part of an operating business; or valued as individual items for removal from their current location (ex situ).
Our current market valuation reports allow for a range of information and are required for:
- Sale and purchase of plant and equipment assets of an operating business (or on the assumption the business is not yet in production or closed)
- Retrospective or prospective effective date of valuation
- Transfer of plant and equipment assets into a company or trust
- Company acquisition or disposal
- Liquidation, receivership or forced sale
- Estate planning or matrimonial
Valuations for financial reporting
Our financial reporting valuations are relied upon by national and international audit and accounting firms. The purpose of the valuation report is to provide useful information to clients and also for intended audit and accounting firms in an easily recognisable format.
We provide fair values, which comply with New Zealand Equivalent to International Financial Reporting and Accounting Standards, as a basis for revaluation of property, plant and equipment assets
Our financial reporting valuations are tailored to incorporate:
- Current, detailed and accurate plant and equipment asset register
- Categorisation and componentisation of plant and equipment assets
- Normal useful life (NUL) and remaining useful life (RUL)