R E Cook & Associates NZ Ltd have been operating since 1993, providing independent, impartial and objective valuation services throughout New Zealand for a wide variety of purposes.
Valuations for insurance
Sought after by insurance companies, brokers, loss adjusters and property owners, our insurance valuation reports are essential for insurance purposes.
In New Zealand, insurance valuations are also required as a basis for calculation of the New Zealand Fire Service levy.
- Reinstatement cost estimates
- Indemnity value estimates
- Functional replacement cost estimates
- Inflationary provision allowances
- Demolition estimates
- Insurance certificates of valuation
Our plant and equipment valuation reports are accepted by leading banks and financial institutions for funding purposes.
We provide market values for a variety of client specific purposes.
- Sale and purchase of plant and equipment assets of an operating business (in situ and/or ex situ)
- Retrospective or prospective effective date of valuation
- Transfer of plant and equipment assets into a company or trust
- Company acquisition or disposal
- Liquidation, receivership or forced sale
- Estate planning or matrimonial
Valuations for financial reporting
Our financial reporting valuations are relied upon by national and international audit and accounting firms.
We provide fair values, which comply with New Zealand Equivalent to International Financial Reporting and Accounting Standards, as a basis for revaluation of property, plant and equipment assets.
- Current, detailed and accurate plant and equipment asset register
- Categorisation and componentisation of plant and equipment assets
- Normal useful life (NUL) and remaining useful life (RUL)
Our plant and equipment valuation reports are performed in accordance with current
Australian and New Zealand Valuation and Property Standards
International Valuation Standards
New Zealand Equivalent to International Financial Reporting and Accounting Standards